Monday, February 11, 2013

Some things

Lately I've decided that's acceptable to be horny, etc. and I decided that's okay, okay?!?! Hence I'm gonna do what I want when I want to.

Let me tell you a story of why I feel like I am missing a relationship in my life and why the above tangent goes with that sort of:

My view on romantic relationships were taught to me starting in 5th grade, the last day to be specific. Everyone had gotten together because we were supposed to be, like, GOING OUT or something so every little boy who could swallow his nervous-spit would be programmed to ask a suitable girl to hang out after school. Welllllllll, I was probably not considered a suitable girl seeing as I spent my recesses crocheting with the yarn in my pocket behind a tree in the corner of the playground. I was a little weird. lol.
AND THEN 6th grade, aka the end of my childhood, came along, and I drowned. I got my first bully (whoopie!!!) and I also never got my first boy friend. Looking back this was great because I never had that 6th grade what-to-do-on-the-half-day stress, but at the time I felt like I was messing up something that was supposed to have happened to me already, as I heard about all my classmates kissing and 1st base/2nd/3rd/HOMERUN (jk my innocent ears never heard the home run). So, how could I possibly not feel undeserving and like I was missing something everyone else had? It was definitely my glasses, or my flat chest, or my braces, or my un-seductive ways, I always assumed it was my shortcomings which disgusted others.
In high school there came a point when I realized I had to stop wishing for a boyfriend when I blew out my birthday candles every birthday. There ARE things that are more worth thinking about. And it kind of helps to have awesome and nice friends. iM lUcKy!!

But even now, when I can sort of embrace that "imma strong black woman who don't need no man" mentality, its because I have to in order to not feel like a leper. I'M NOT A LEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(just some nice reinforcement exercises).

So moral of the story: when you feel lonely, its ok to want to also have sex.
Also its ok to just want to have sex all the time. That is what my friend Bri taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment