Sunday, April 28, 2013

Scarlet Begonias

I never realized one of my favorite Sublime songs was actually originally a Grateful Dead song. Recently I've been more interested in Pink Floyd and the Doors and now the Grateful Dead for all there music that makes me have feels (am I a Dead Head yet???????)

"She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes.
And I knew without askin she was into the blues.
She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls,
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls

...

Well there aint nothing wrong with the way she moves,
Scarlet begonias or a touch of the blues.
And there's nothing wrong with the look that's in her eyes"

But this is more my hot-n-gritty 90's in Miami style:

"A tie-tie-dyed dress , she was a psychedelic mess
We toured to the north, south, east and west
We sold some mushroom tea,
We sold some ecstasy,
We sold nitrous, opium, acid, heroin and PCP
And now I hear the police coming after me
Yes now I hear the police coming after me
The one scarlet with the flowers in her hair,
She's got the police coming after me"

YEAH SUBLIME STAY KOOL 4EVR

No comments:

Post a Comment